Contemporary dance. Also known as modern dance, it is a style created to express feelings. Just as feelings change, contemporary dancers must constantly change. Individualism, abstraction and dedication to art are important. This dance is one hundred percent interpretive, its movements are synchronized with the head trying to communicate a message. Expand the range of motion, and use space with greater possibilities.
Dancers have little in common other than rejection of existing traditions and a desire to reexamine the fundamental principles of dance as a means of communication. Currently there are two techniques: The Graham, and the Cunningham.
-The shapes show how beautiful and ugly life is.
- The body can weigh or measure anything while it is strong and flexible.
- Work on the ground and on falls.
- There are many dance styles.
- The choreography is based on ideas and feelings.
- Dancing in whatever clothes. Po is usually danced barefoot